Laksa Butter Cookies (Contributed by Chef Jay @losinghairdiaries of Cheek Bistro)
250g Laksa Butter (See Laksa Butter recipe for instructions)
1 Large Egg
280g Plain Flour
2g Sea Salt
- In a bowl, add soften butter, sugar, salt and mix well with a whisk (creaming).
- Add in the flour, egg, milk and mix well.
- Once done, cover the dough and leave it in the chiller to set for about 20-30mins.
- Next up, time to set the shape and portion the cookie dough. (Chef Jay did his at 40gm shaped into a ball and flattened)
- Once you have shaped yours, you can add some sakura ebi or whatever goodies you would like to add on top.
- Preheat oven to 180degrees, bake the cookies in it for 12-14mins. (Chef Jay recommends that you check on the cookies once you hit the 8mins mark and if you can, turn the tray around.)
- Once it is ready, take it out of the oven and sprinkle some fresh lakes leaves along with giving the cookies a nudge to make sure it doesn’t stick to the tray.
- When it is cool enough, transfer them to a rack so that it doesn’t steam under.
- And ta-dah, you’re done! Enjoy your cookies!