Laksa Butter (Contributed by Chef Jay @losinghairdiaries of Cheek Bistro)
2MAAW 220g Dry Laksa Rempah
Dessicated coconut x 60gm
Unsalted butter x 1kg
Sea salt x 20gm
- Leave the butter out to soften it.
- Fry the laksa paste till fragrant and slightly caramelized.
- Leave aside to cool down and add the laksa leaves in.
- Toast the dessicated coconut till it is golden brown and fold it into the paste.
- Once everything has cooled down, mix it well with the soft butter and add sea salt to it.
- Using a cling film, shape the butter into rods and leave in chiller to set.
WHAT CAN YOU USE THE LAKSA BUTTER FOR?
You can be creative with it and make some Laksa Butter Cookies (Click link for recipe!) or melt some laksa butter, throw some prawns in and toss in some spaghetti. If you like it creamy throw in some cream as well to create a Laksa Prawn Spaghetti. You can also chop some garlic, sauté some clams, add some cooking wine in and finish off with laksa butter for a delicious Laksa and Garlic Clams. Last but definitely not the least, spread the Laksa Butter over some Toasted Bread. And to top it off, garnish with laksa leaves.